Graduate Trainee Project / Contracts Manager
James Engineering are currently recruiting for a Graduate Trainee Project / Contracts manager to join our experienced professional management team. Even during these unprecedented times, our order book is expanding and we are excited to announce we are recruiting! If you feel you have what it takes to join our motivated and ambitious project team, please get in touch or email your CV directly to our Operations Director Jason Ward on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trainee Project Manager Responsibilities:
- Assisting in taking projects from inception through to completion.
- Assist and develop resource planning for projects.
- Ensure all aspects of the work carried out meet with project requirements and that the contract is delivered on time, within budget, safely and of excellent quality.
- Deal with the client on any issues that may arise and ensuring their project requirements are understood and executed.
- Issuing require information to purchasing department along with budgets for required materials for fabrication.
- Production of site risk assessment and method statements & ensure health and safety is met to the highest standard on site at all times.
- Compile and issue request for payments in client agreed format and terms (applications for payment / invoices).
- Confirm team members are aware of any contractual terms & project requirements which impact on their duties.
- Liaise with all internal departments as necessary to ensure the successful delivery of the contract.
Required Qualifications / Experience:
- Degree Educated, preferably Construction related Degree.
- Great computer skills, confident on Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent communication, negotiating and influencing skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Must be prepared to undertake some travel as part of the role.
- Full clean driving license.
James Engineering appreciates the value of hard work, professional working practices and high standards and in return can offer an excellent overall package to the right person.
For any more information on the role, please don’t hesitate to contact our Jason Ward.
No Agencies Please.
The role will encompass managing all elements of multiple projects including attending pre-start meetings, surveys, direction on design in conjunction with structural engineers calculations, supervision of draughtsmen, resourcing materials for manufacture within costed budgets, planning fabrication and site installation resources in conjunction with other managers, writing of Method Statement and Risk Assessments, managing/directing site labour to achieve snag free installations within required project timelines, preparation of monthly applications and input into final account agreements in conjunction with the Directors of the business.
A ‘can do’ mentality and the ability to self-manage are imperative to your success in this role.
The successful candidate must be prepared to work flexible hours managing multiple contracts to customer deadlines and be prepared to travel nationwide as necessary, good basic IT skills are essential to the role, such as Word/Excel/Outlook. Familiarisation with web-based Document Control portals such as Aconex/ProCore/BC etc is also desirable. Knowledge of BS EN 1090 requirements for Exc 2 & 3 would be expected.
Excellent Salary + Executive level company vehicle available to the right candidate.
Please apply in writing enclosing current CV and references along with any examples of contracts carried out. Please send your CV & covering letter to email@example.com
Experienced Sales Estimator
Due to our ever increasing order book we are looking for an experienced Estimator to join our hugely successful team, on a full time, permanent basis. You must be a highly motivated individual to join our team and have a background and full understanding of the structural steel sector within construction.
Responsibility and duties
- Carrying out steel take offs; measuring and qualifying material from engineers and architect's drawings / specifications.
- Developing cost estimating for structural steel and architectural structures.
- Preparation of detailed quotations, pricing schedules and presentation documents for the tender bid.
- Establishing Budgets for the Commercial, Procurement and Project Teams.
- Reviewing and advising on Proposed Client Contract Documentation.
- Attending Client Pre-tender meetings and initial site visits.
- Preparation of Handover Documentation to the Commercial and Project Team.
- Reporting to the Managing Estimator & liaising with staff and clients at all levels.
- Maintaining and improving the quality of estimating techniques and processes.
Experience working as an estimator is essential
- Must have a good understanding of technical drawings, construction methods and engineering principals within the metalwork or structural steel work industry
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to coordinate effectively with clients, engineers and suppliers alike.
- Experience of StruMIS would be a distinct advantage but not essential as training will be given. Excellent IT skills with sound knowledge of all MS Office programs essential.
Travel to site locations will be necessary; therefore a full clean driving licence is essential. Overtime will be required to keep pace with our full order book. Pay is negotiable depending upon experience and qualifications.
References will be required.
All interested applicants to apply in writing to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Time Served Platers
Due to our ever increasing order book we urgently require Time Served Plater/Welders. Experience of Structural Steel, Stairs, Ductwork and general to heavy fabrication work will be an advantage. You must be able to work unsupervised from fabrication drawings. For further details or to send over your CV contact our Works Manager, contact Carl Harriman at email@example.com
Site Steel Fabricator / Erector
Minimum of 5 years experience in either erection of structural steelwork, metal staircases, site fabrication and architectural metalwork. Supervision experience preferred. The successful candidate will be self-motivated and able to work unsupervised from engineering drawings. MMA positional welding essential, TIG experience desirable. Working within a small team, regular overtime and some work away from home will be required to keep pace with our full order book. Include any details of any current site safety/plant certification held with your application. C.S.C.S holders preferred. Hourly rate is negotiable overtime and some work away from home will be required to keep pace with our full order book. Include any details of any current site safety/plant certification held with your application. C.S.C.S holders preferred. Hourly rate is negotiable depending upon experience.
If you believe that you are suitable for this role, please email a covering letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org