Office Administrator & Accounts Clerk
James Engineering Constructions Ltd are looking for someone with Admin & Accounts experience, someone who is confident doing admin and clerical work, can liaise at all levels and takes a real pride in their work.
- To deal with all aspects of office admin
- Answering the main switchboard and directing calls
- Maintaining the company holiday file and employee sick days
- Monitoring main email addresses and forwarding relevant emails
- Printing drawings
- Completing Pre-qualification customer questionnaires with support from the Sales department.
- Annual Driving Licence checks
- Updating the fuel & mileage analysis for company vans
- Arranging the congestion charge & parking for company vehicles
- Ordering stationery
- General filing
- Purchase ledger invoice processing
- Match delivery notes to invoices
- Ideally the candidate has previous accounts and admin experience
- Good all round IT skills and highly proficient in MS office products including word, outlook and excel
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multitask in a small but busy team environment with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Ability to work to tight deadlines without errors and under pressure
- Good attention to detail and accuracy
- Flexible and able to prioritise work flow
- Articulate and a good communicator
- Logical and practical thinking
- Good telephone manner
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Experienced Sales Estimator
Due to our ever increasing order book we are looking for an experienced Estimator to join our hugely successful team, on a full time, permanent basis. You must be a highly motivated individual to join our team and have a background and full understanding of the structural steel sector within construction.
Responsibility and duties
- Carrying out steel take offs; measuring and qualifying material from engineers and architect's drawings / specifications.
- Developing cost estimating for structural steel and architectural structures.
- Preparation of detailed quotations, pricing schedules and presentation documents for the tender bid.
- Establishing Budgets for the Commercial, Procurement and Project Teams.
- Reviewing and advising on Proposed Client Contract Documentation.
- Attending Client Pre-tender meetings and initial site visits.
- Preparation of Handover Documentation to the Commercial and Project Team.
- Reporting to the Managing Estimator & liaising with staff and clients at all levels.
- Maintaining and improving the quality of estimating techniques and processes.
Experience working as an estimator is essential
- Must have a good understanding of technical drawings, construction methods and engineering principals within the metalwork or structural steel work industry
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to coordinate effectively with clients, engineers and suppliers alike.
- Experience of StruMIS would be a distinct advantage but not essential as training will be given. Excellent IT skills with sound knowledge of all MS Office programs essential.
Travel to site locations will be necessary; therefore a full clean driving licence is essential. Overtime will be required to keep pace with our full order book. Pay is negotiable depending upon experience and qualifications.
References will be required.
All interested applicants to apply in writing to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Time Served Platers
Due to our ever increasing order book we urgently require Time Served Plater/Welders. Experience of Structural Steel, Stairs, Ductwork and general to heavy fabrication work will be an advantage. You must be able to work unsupervised from fabrication drawings. For further details or to send over your CV contact our Works Manager, contact Carl Harriman at email@example.com
Site Steel Fabricator / Erector
Minimum of 5 years experience in either erection of structural steelwork, metal staircases, site fabrication and architectural metalwork. Supervision experience preferred. The successful candidate will be self-motivated and able to work unsupervised from engineering drawings. MMA positional welding essential, TIG experience desirable. Working within a small team, regular overtime and some work away from home will be required to keep pace with our full order book. Include any details of any current site safety/plant certification held with your application. C.S.C.S holders preferred. Hourly rate is negotiable overtime and some work away from home will be required to keep pace with our full order book. Include any details of any current site safety/plant certification held with your application. C.S.C.S holders preferred. Hourly rate is negotiable depending upon experience.
If you believe that you are suitable for this role, please email a covering letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org